Welcome to the Virginia Master Gardener Association
The mission of the Virginia Master Gardener Association is to foster communication, education and fellowship among Virginia Cooperative Extension Master Gardener volunteers.
- President Tom Bolt announces $10,000 challenge grant! In order to increase the cash balance in VMGA’s State Coordinator Endowment, VMGA will match dollar-for-dollar all cash gifts up to $10,000. Won’t you make your donation today? Access the donation form here.
- Unit Support Committee is investigating several items and could use your help.
- Has your Unit applied for 501(c)(3) tax exempt status? Or has your unit applied for, and then lost 501(c)(3) status and been forced to re-apply? Write to Frank Reilly-- He would like to get some information to help other units with this issue.
- We have received a list of questions from a local unit about how other units do things. These are pretty frequently asked questions. The unit support Committee will examine these questions; develop a set of FAQs about them, and would like to have some help developing Best Management Practices (BMPs) for these issues. Click here for details, or write to Frank Reilly.
- As of August 10, 2013, Kathryn Debnar has taken over the VMGA Calendar responsibilites. Please send any updates to her at: firstname.lastname@example.org or Calendar@vmga.net
- All other items for the VMGA website should continue to be sent to Dave Banks-- email@example.com
- At Master Gardener College 2014, 6 units made submissions for the annual Virginia Search for Excellence prize. Winners are urged to compete for National Awards in the Search for Excellence. There are 7 categories in the competition. The submissions were judged by a team of judges.
The winning Units were:
- Youth Programming – James City County (1st)
- Demonstration Garden – Norfolk (1st)
- Community Service – New River Valley (1st)
- Innovative -- Northern Virginia (1st), Hanover (2nd)
- Robyn Puffenbarger is the new Education Committee Chair, and she wants to hear from you!
- Click here to send Robyn your ideas of possible locations for VMGA Education Events, topics that you’d like to know about and speakers that you think others would enjoy and learn from.
- Education Committee Symposium "Focus on Permaculture" at Virginia State University in Petersburg, 8 am-4 pm on September 27, 2014
- Communications Committee. Annual report for 2013
- VMGA Logo merchandise is available: For more information and ordering instructions see our MG Gear page
- VCE Advanced Master Gardener & Stewards Page