Welcome to the Virginia Master Gardener Association
The mission of the Virginia Master Gardener Association is to foster communication, education and fellowship among Virginia Cooperative Extension Master Gardener volunteers.
- Governor McAuliffe has declared October as Fall is for Planting Month See the page for more information.
- VMGA thanks everyone who made individual or unit/association contributions to the State Coordinator Endowment during its $10,000 match challenge. The match was met! Between the market value, deferred commitments and the interest account, the Endowment fund is over $500,000. See the Endowment page for more information and watch for updates in The VMGA Report.
- The State Fair runs from September 27 through October 4, with a special VCE day on September 28. The Master Gardener booth still has shifts that need to be covered; contact Christy Brennan if you can help. Christy also encourages you to visit the fair and to enter your produce or flowers!
- VMGA recently had its tax exempt organization status retroactively reinstated by the IRS. If your organization is pursuing 501(c)3 status, you may want to check out Helpful Tips.
- Get more exposure for your unit’s or association’s events by posting on the VMGA calendar! Send events to Calendar Editor Kathryn Debnar or Calendar@vmga.net
- All other items for the VMGA website should continue to be sent to Dave Banks-- email@example.com
- At Master Gardener College 2014, 6 units made submissions for the annual Virginia Search for Excellence prize. Winners are urged to compete for National Awards in the Search for Excellence. There are 7 categories in the competition. The submissions were judged by a team of judges.
The winning Units were:
- Youth Programming – James City County (1st)
- Demonstration Garden – Norfolk (1st)
- Community Service – New River Valley (1st)
- Innovative -- Northern Virginia (1st), Hanover (2nd)
- Communications Committee. Annual report for 2013
- VMGA Logo merchandise is available: For more information and ordering instructions see our MG Gear page
- VCE Advanced Master Gardener & Stewards Page